Effective Mold Removal for Little Rock Residents
SERVPRO in Little Rock Offers Expert Mold Remediation Services
Microbial growth usually occurs when moisture gets into the home. Mold spores grow rapidly in the right conditions. The typical life cycle for micro-organisms is from spore to colony within 72 hours. These short cycles mean that an infestation can creep up unnoticed by a homeowner. SERVPRO offers qualified remediators to help return your home to a normal condition.
Properties with mold damage in Little Rock tend to worsen before they get better. The affected area may have to be stripped down to the structural framework to resolve the underlying infestation under challenging situations. The good news is that the most affected materials are usually the cheapest and easiest to replace. Expensive organic materials such as floorboards or structural frames are generally less porous than Gypsum board or drywall. Since fungi penetrate surfaces through hyphae, less porous materials tend only to suffer light surface damages from an infestation, whereas more porous materials can often be completely penetrated. Even when there are signs of a deeply embedded mold problem, our technicians can often use abrasive equipment such as sandblasters to remove surface layers and save most material.
Abrasive Cleaning Methods Used in Microbial Remediation
- Steel wool and dry brushes can be effective on solid, dense materials that are unlikely to scratch.
- Sand, soda, and ice blasting equipment is the most efficient method for removing fungi but can end up stripping varnishes or paint along with microbes.
- Chemical strippers are useful when there is a microbial presence, but the underlying material is dry.
Deciding on the best method for ridding a property of microbial growth requires training and expertise. Our technicians attain nationally recognized qualifications in applied microbial remediation (AMRT) before working on your home and usually have extensive experience in more general areas of water damage restoration, mitigation, and repair. Understanding different methodologies for removal and when to apply them is critical to ensuring that our remediation is as efficient as possible. We can also help address the underlying cause, which gives homeowners peace of mind knowing that an infestation is unlikely to return. At SERVPRO, we provide our technicians with state-of-the-art equipment to ensure they can put their training to use in the most effective way possible.
Preventing Microbial Growth in Residential Properties
- Installing vapor barriers in crawlspaces can help prevent water vapor from condensing onto a subfloor and causing an infestation.
- Checking roofing after adverse weather conditions can help to guard against microbial infestation in attic spaces.
- Ensuring proper insulation in all rooms of the home, including external spaces like garages, can reduce the likelihood of moisture buildup.
It is impossible to sanitize a home environment from potential microbial growth thoroughly. However, SERVPRO professional remediation technicians can help to ensure that spores do not grow into full-size colonies and cause a problem in your home. We are experts at dealing with secondary damages associated with molds, including odor problems, water mitigation, and drywall replacement.
If you suspect a microbial growth issue in your home, contact SERVPRO of Little Rock for mold damage remediation at (501) 803-9700.